January 4th 2018
Happy New Year my lovely readers and welcome back to a new and improved La Bella blog; you may have noticed over the Christmas holidays that I was busy behind the scenes making a few tweaks and changes that resulted in a brand new look for the blog. So, while there hasn’t been much new content coming your way since December twenty-fourth, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been working hard in the background.
La Bella’s new look is fresh and pared back with a few extra ‘girlie’ flourishes that I think help it reflect my personality and taste better than ever before. You can also expect a new look newsletter to be dropping into your inbox at the start of next week so if you aren’t already subscribed you can join the family here.
what to expect in 2018…
I have big plans for La Bella for the year ahead both here on the blog and across social media; for now you can expect a return to our regular posting schedule with a new post every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I also plan to start uploading a new video every Friday, but more on that to come soon.
I already have some new brand collaborations in the pipeline to share with you in two-thousand-and-eighteen, as well as two new skincare & beauty features that will look more closely at specific skin issues, debunk some skincare myths and focus on specific brands and what they have for your penny this year.
At the end of the day everything I create and do is for you, your interests and issues so if you have any questions you want answered this year, brands that you would like an honest review of or any other requests then always feel free to let me know in the comments or even email me.
my December top ten…
1. Spending time in the snow. If you live anywhere in Europe then you might have been lucky enough to experience some snow in early December; snow is always so magical and even though it only snowed for a day here in Italy it stuck around and didn’t melt for ages. I loved waking up and looking out at the snow covered trees and mountains everyday.
2. Putting up the tree. It was our first Christmas in Italy this year, and my first Christmas not travelling in four years so picking out a new tree and decorating it was extra special this December.
3. Dried oranges. I had never dried oranges before but because there was such an abundance of them in the supermarkets here I decided to give it a go; the house smelled amazing for days after and though it was a long process it didn’t require much effort or attention and the dried orange slices looked so gorgeous on my tree (find out how I did it here).
4. Lucy Watson’s banana bread. If you haven’t bought yourself a copy of the beautiful Lucy Watson’s Feed Me Vegan I highly recommend that you do, it is not only one of the best vegan cookbooks I’ve ever owned, but also the best collection of easy recipes in general. Her chocolate banana bread recipe is out of this world, I have never seen a vegan cake (no eggs, butter or milk) to rise the way this one does; it tastes like a moist chocolate cake and I can’t get enough.
5. Primark AW17. I often have a love hate relationship with Primark, but this season not only were their clothes on trend but I really felt that the quality of their products were on a new level; I did notice that some of the prices were a little bit more expensive but still much cheaper than most Highstreet retailers. I was obsessed with their floral print blouses and velvet knit cardigans all through the last month and can’t wait to see what they bring to the table for Spring/Summer 2018.
6. Baking & cooking for friends and family. I love baking, I find it so therapeutic and December was the perfect month to get busy in the kitchen preparing festive food to share with everyone who came to visit. You can have a look at some of my favourite recipes from December here.
7. Christmas presents. I don’t think I really need to elaborate any further on this one, everyone knows one of the best parts of December is opening presents on Christmas Day..
8. Peaky Blinders. I was so excited when Netflix added the new season of Peaky Blinders at the end of December, right after it finished airing on TV; we watched it in two days while my parents were here and I think it’s one of the best seasons yet.
9. I’m a celebrity get me out of here. I know that this one could technically be part of my November top ten too, but since the finale was in December that counts too. I loved watching Toff in the jungle and was so glad to see her crowned queen, #GIRLPOWER!
10. Amelia Liana vlogs. December is always an overloaded month on YouTube, with everyone trying their hand at vlogmas. This year my favourite to follow was Amelia Liana she only uploaded every second day through the month but I think this actually resulted in better quality content and more interesting vlogs.
shop the post…